Values & Aims
At My Sunshine Day Nursery we:
- Continually strive to create a warm and nurturing environment in which children feel physically and emotionally safe.
- Create a homely atmosphere in which all staff know all children, and every child’s individual needs are identified, valued and met in order to support each child in reaching their full potential.
- Instil in children a lifetime love of learning.
- Provide children with unique and exciting activities and experiences which promote development in all areas of learning.
- Encourage a freedom of expression within a well-prepared and stimulating environment.
- Develop a close and supportive relationship with parents to ensure that we work together to meet the needs of all children.
- Support children in developing confidence in their own abilities.
- Ensure our Nursery community works within a framework that promotes equal opportunity regardless of religion, size, ability, gender, culture, age, sex, and disability.
- Deliver balanced, healthy, nutritional home cooked meals and snacks.
- Incorporate the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework throughout the whole Nursery.
- Track all children’s progress through our Famly App and communicate development progress on a regular basis.
- Welcome parent/carer contributions to our practice.
- Rigorously check the suitability of all staff to work with children.
- Develop the staff team with opportunities to progress and acquire new skills.
- Hold regular parents’ evenings
- Provide news and events through regular newsletters, notice boards, website updates and our Facebook page.
- Maintain robust policies and procedures.
- Work in partnership with outside agencies and organisations to support our children.
- Are an equal opportunity Childcare Provider and Employer.
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety.
Once each child has started to settle into the Nursery they will be allocated a Key Person. This is a member of our team who is responsible for;
- Being that special person that knows the child best and who the child will form strong bonds with.
- Ensuring the child’s individual developmental needs are met.
- Being the point of contact for the parents if they have any questions.
- Recording achievements and reflecting upon them.
- Reviewing and producing progress reports.
- Setting challenging activities in different areas so each child makes meaningful steady progress through their time at My Sunshine Day Nursery.